Attention all first years! The Carleton Computer Science Society is looking for two First Year Reps to join us on our board of directors for 2016-2017.
What is a First Year Rep? First Year Reps are elected positions (that’s right, first years will need to vote for their two reps) for first years to get a chance to be a part of the CCSS board of directors. They represent all of the CS first years at meetings and help advertise our events.
Their role includes:
- Representing first year computer science students
- Attend meetings of the board
- Advertise events to first year students
- Run their own initiatives and/or events
- You’ll get to attend regular meetings with the board
- You’ll have voting power on all important decisions
- You’ll receive a key to the office
If you are interested in applying to be a rep, please FILL OUT THIS FORM before September 17 2016.
- September 17 - All First Year Rep Forms Due
- September 18 - Emails sent out about interviews
- September 19 to 20 - Interviews with CCSS Board of Directors
- September 21 to 25 - Campaigning Period
- September 26 to 29 - First Year Rep Elections
- September 30 - First Year Reps are announced
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a very important position so good luck and we’ll get back to you soon!